Father

 

Fathers-The Gem…



I have always looked up to my father since I was a little girl. Always have and always will. He is always there at the back of my mind in good times and bad. The first thing I do when I wake up in the morning is to wish my dad saying ‘Good morning papa!” Every day I used to get more cute reply that always brings a huge smile on my face and sort of kicks starts my day.

My mother used to tell me when I was a kid, I would wait for dad to come back home and would refuse to have food, and when he came, we used to have dinner together sharing memories made on that particular day. This was our daily routine!!

There were times when I was a toddler I would sit on his tummy and play with the hair on his chest. Eventually he would fall off to sleep and I would be blabbering and pulling away.



Me and my dad go back a long way. We share such a beautiful relationship we can never talk about anything in this world. I would never hesitate to ask him anything. My mother says we both have the same reaction towards many things. We also end up saying the exact same things without knowing each other’s reactions. But sometimes I feel that things are not going to be same every time – well, I’ve seen many daughters being separated from their fathers when they get married. So, thinking about this breaks my heart but at the same time my memories flourish the inner me and I always used to get a positive vibe that – “I should be focusing on living the present not to be sad thinking about something which is not happened yet” Sigh! Time really flies.

Dads and Daughters relationship are one of a kind. When a girl grows up many men will come and go, some may leave footprints behind you but the one who stays forever is “Her Father!”


©      The only man who would love her and cherish her forever.

©       The only man who will always stand by her side through her kicks and thin.

©       The only man she will call ‘Dada’ and waddle towards him to hug him when he comes from work.

©       The only man she would play ‘clapping games’ with.

©       The only man who would teach her all fun stuff in life.

©       The only man who will wipe always those tears and make her laugh.

©       The only man who will always be her support system forever, no matter what.

©       The only man who will unconditionally love her and protect her.

©       The only man she would confide in with all her pain and sorrows.

©       The only man she would look upto forever.

 

 





It doesn’t matter if daughter is a baby, a toddler, a child, a teenager, entering adult life, nothing changes for father. In his views, girl is always the same. A father daughter relationship that lasts forever! I remember my father for helping me with homework, doing those silly sums for me and encouraging me to take challenging course which are associated with higher level of school performance, and fewer behavior problems.

 

Men, in general tend to play rougher, encourage sports, and offer more independence than some moms. For daughters to be adventurous and get out of their comfort zone, they have to be empowered to solve their problems and take ownership. They need to feel capable of taking risks and making mistakes. Fathers can help with that by telling girls they are capable and strong, and that they believe in them. My parents always told me I could be and do anything - and that’s critical for confidence. Dads need to encourage their daughters to dream big, empower them for the future.

 


I feel so blessed to have such an amazing father, who always supports me no matter what the situation is. He never refused me for anything, whenever I wanted something whether my mom does but he didn’t. He taught me everything- how to respect elder as well as younger ones, how to treat everyone with kindness and equality.

So, the ones who’ve got this precious gem, believe me you are very lucky, you just got to be grateful and must live the moment. I think it would be hard to overstate the value of father- daughter relationship. Young women who have a positive relationship with their fathers achieve more academically. They make better relationship choices. They have more confidence, high self-esteem, and believe they can achieve their goals.

 

I love you dad! Thank you for always being my pillar of strength. I will always look up to you no matter whatever happens!

 

I have always got you!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Confidence

What a girl wants...

Keeping Hope Alive..