Friends- The Soulmates...
“Good
friends care for each other…close friends understand each other, but TRUE
FRIENDS stay forever…beyond words, beyond distance, beyond time...!”
Many of us have friends in our lives over the years. Some friends we make as children and then lose contact as we grew older. Other friends we make as adults and stay in touch with as long as we are in close proximity to and it is convenient to keep in touch but then over time one moves away or busy schedules slowly pull us apart and we start lose touch. Those friendship fall into the “good friends” or “close friends” as the opening of quote cites. But then there is that last group of friends – those we call true friends – they are those we have a mutual caring about, and we understand each other’s hearts, and where bods are formed between us that span any distance in proximity and where the bonds run so deep that no amount of time apart or lack of words will change the way we feel about that friend. These are our true friends, and when one comes into your life cherish it!
As a child our family moved often and so I was constantly making new
friends each place we moved. Often the contact was lost with friends in past
locations, although my memories of them were treasured. As an adult it is often
harder to find the time to form those deep friendship outside your immediate
family members. But even during some
challenging years there were individuals during that time who came into my life
that I consider my truest of friends. They are individuals who saw me through
tough times and who always saw the best in me despite any of my shortcomings.
They picked me up at times I was down. They stood by me when I felt alone. They
taught me things about life and about myself with patience and understanding.
They forgave at the times when I was grumpy or obstinate. They loved me without
judgement and without expectations.
- ∞ I remember when I was in kindergarten, I’d two friends who were very close to me, though being a kid, I was not aware of the fact that what friendship actually is. Yes, after some time they were gone. I was left with no connection to even contact them – but whenever I think about them, I only remember those mischievous things we used to do.
- ∞
When my primary education got completed,
my school got changed: my friends were lost, and I was alone at that time
having no friends. But, on the very first day of the school, I saw my best
friend, who is still my best friend, Kashish- which means
attraction… trust me, her name truly defines her. Another lifetime friend I’ve
got is Sidra- beautiful name, isn’t it? Along with time our bond got more
and more stronger even. And we three had a great time together with lots of talks and
full of annoying things which is still a secret, ya!!! This is not over yet;
I’d made so many friends who are still in touch and always there for me.
- ∞ After that, my mom wanted to change my school for Higher Educations, which I truly disagreed. But unfortunately, it happened … I thought I’d lost my everything, I knew only two friends there. I used to be sad most of the times. I hadn’t talked to my mom for a week, as I thought she did wrong to me. As time passed, things got better. Then the trio was back again, I got two soulmate kinds of friends. We’d done so many things- which were very annoying but funny also. This time was like a milestone for me, full of unforgettable memories. Then, yes... how can I forget the best thing which has ever happened to me, my best friend, the angel... no, no, no the devil…who always says that we’re never going to get apart or will never leave me, which sometimes I doubt ha-ha!!! Well, we love to fight a lot…mmm not really, cuz most of the times the fight is initiated by me only. Honestly, it feels so good like I’d achieved some milestone. So, this friend of mine has taught me so much and I never thought that we would share such a bond. It feels so blessed to have such a humble and encouraging people in your life who will never give up on you. So, I won’t praise my friend more than this… otherwise y ‘all know na, they get more furnished. The congregation may thereby be drawn closer together in a spirit of love, warmth, and trust- which is most needed. Well, I’ve got more than this here, many friends who are so supportive…whom I can never think of losing at all.
True friends just do
that- they help us grow and change for the better. They support us in good
times and bad. They can make us laugh when all we want to do is cry. And no
matter how far apart time and distance may cause us to grow from one another,
and even if death takes one of them from this world to the next, we always have
the comfort of knowing that these true friends are still there for us, even if
only in spirit, cheering us on and wishing us the best, because that is what
true friends do for each other.
“A
strong friendship doesn’t need daily conversation, doesn’t always need
togetherness as long as the relationship lives in the heart, true friends will
never part…”
When someone is
genuinely your true friend, they leave an impression on your heart that will
never go away…not with time and not with distance. True friends secure a place
in your heart forever. I’m forever grateful for the true friends in my life.
From a young age we all strive to form friendships, to feel that special moment
of ‘oh yes, you get me’ as kindred spirits meet, cautiously at first then
unconsciously a life-long friendship is cemented.
![]() |
Only our truest
friends know us to the core, the inner worries, the films and books that will bring
us to tears of laughter. Well said “friendship picks you up when the world lets
you down.” Friendship takes many shapes and when young you believe in one
solely between peers. The sense of joy is overwhelming when you realize how
short-sighted, how juvenile you’ve been and a close friendship strikes up
between your parents and your more mature self, as a closer warmth and care for
your grandparents develops and later you become aware that the security of
friendship is found not only in platonic relationships but also in loving ones.
This really does feel like hitting the jackpot!
“The
glory of friendship is not the outstretched hand, not the kindly smile, nor the
joy of companionship; it is the spiritual inspiration that comes to one when
you discover that someone else believes in you and is willing to trust you with
a friendship”








Comments
Post a Comment